Owners of vehicles should be especially careful as the deadline for the payment of the 2022 traffic fees that have been posted on the myCAR electronic platform of the Independent Public Revenue Authority expires on December 31st.
Although extensions have been granted in recent years, for the time being the competent authorities have not made any relevant announcement.
Invalid repayment of tolls incurs a fine, which is equal to 100% of the tolls due to the vehicle.
Specifically, the amount of the fine is:
- equal to the amount of the fee if the vehicle is a two-wheeler / tricycle or a passenger car
- equal to 50% of the fees if the vehicle is a passenger
- zero if the road tax is less than 30 euros.
If a vehicle owner is unable to pay the toll, he has the option of immobilizing it.
The myCAR platform is open
This year, unlike previous years, the notices include a QR Code, in order to facilitate car owners. in terms of their payment.
Practically, by scanning the QR code, vehicle owners will be able to pay directly through web banking and from their mobile phone the amount due to them for the 2022 road tax.
At the same time, those citizens who are not familiar with the Internet, will be able to pay the price of traffic fees in banks. There will also be the possibility of payment through web banking, which from this year is made via RF code, for even greater convenience.
Detailed payment process for traffic fees 2022
Issuance of notices
To receive the traffic notice, follow these steps:
On the AADE site, www.aade.gr, you select:
– If you have passwords in myTAXISNET:
- Citizens – vehicles – road tax with TAXISnet codes or
- Business – tax services – vehicles – road tax with TAXISnet codes
– If you do not have passwords in myTAXISNET:
- Citizens – vehicles – road tax without TAXISnet codes or
- Business – tax services – vehicles – road tax without TAXISnet codes
CO2 emissions – price in euros per unit of pollutant
- 0-122: 0 euros
- 123-139: 0.64 euros
- 140-166: 0.70 euros
- 167-208: 0.85 euros
- 209-224: 1.87 euros
- 225-240: 2.20 euros
- 241-260: 2.50 euros
- 261-280: 2.70 euros
- Over 281: 2.82 euros
The rest of the vehicle owners are expected to pay the same road tax as last year.
In detail, the prices of tolls for vehicles purchased from 2006 onwards are as follows:
- From 1,072 cc – 1,357 cc the owner is required to pay 135 euros
- From 1,358 cc – 1548 cc the owner is required to pay 255 euros
- From 1,549 cc – 1,738 cc the owner is required to pay 280 euros
- From 1,739 cc – 1,928 cc the owner is required to pay 320 euros
- From 1,929 cc – 2,357 cc the owner is required to pay 690 euros
- From 4,001 cc and above the owner is required to pay 1,380 euros
What is provided for the submission of license plates
Those who do not wish to pay road taxes will have to submit license plates electronically through the special platform of AADE.
Specifically, owners with their TAXISNet codes should follow the following steps:
- You are connected to the Unified Digital Portal of AADE Public Administration
- Enter the myCar application Enter the Taxisnet codes
a) the postcode of the area
b) the street
c) the number
- Declare the parking space (rented or registered)
- Submit the application. The application number is received
- Remove the plates from the vehicle and keep them in a safe place.