The total amount for the heating allowance announced by the government in order to face the rally in energy prices amounts to 168 million euros as the subsidy increases both in amount and in number of beneficiaries.
According to the ministry, in 2020, 707.328 households submitted a request and received the allowance.
According to government announcements, the number of households that will apply for and receive the aid is expected to exceed 1 million, taking into account the extension of the criteria, but also the increased interest due to the increase of the allowance.
Specifically, based on the announcements, it is foreseen:
Increase the amount of subsidy
The amount of the allowance increases for an average family with two children 59%. The increase ranges from 36% for households without children, to 68% for households with 3 children.
- The calculation base of the allowance is increased from 220 euros to 300 euros (this amount is multiplied by the degree days, which are a factor ranging from 0.12 to 1.62 depending on the cold of the region).
- The allowance for each child will be increased by 20%, instead of 10%, which was valid until today.
- The minimum allowance is increased to 100 euros, from 80 euros.
- The maximum allowance increases to 750 euros, from 650 euros.
- In the center of Athens (with a daily rate of 0.43) for a family with two children the allowance will rise, from 114 euros last year, to 181 euros this year.
- In the center of Thessaloniki (with a daily rate of 0.71) for a family with two children the allowance will rise, from 188 euros last year, to 299 euros this year.
- In Kozani (with a daily rate of 1.12) for a family with two children the allowance will rise, from 295 euros last year, to 469 euros this year.
- In Florina (with a grade point average of 1.18) for a family with two children the allowance will rise, from 312 euros last year, to 496 euros this year.
Enlargement membership criteria
At the same time, the income criteria are increasing:
- From 12,000 for the unmarried, to 14,000 euros.
- In the case of a family, the allowance amounts to 20,000 euros, which will be increased by 3,000 euros for each child, instead of the 2,000 euros that was valid until today. Therefore the income limit is increased:
- From 24,000 for the family with two children, to 26,000 euros,
- From 26,000 for the family with three children, to 29,000 euros.
The property criteria are also increasing:
- From 130,000 value of real estate for the unmarried, to 180,000 euros.
- From 250,000 value of real estate for the married, to 300,000 euros.
According to the competent Deputy Minister, Mr. Skylakakis, “based on the above, it is expected that 80% of the households that will consume the subsidized forms of fuel (DIESEL), natural gas, LPG, firewood and biofuels. It is estimated that about 1.8 million households consume these forms of fuel, of which about 1.45 million households are eligible for this benefit “.
Within the month the specializations
It is reminded that the procedure for submitting an expression of interest for the granting of the allowance to the beneficiaries through the relevant platform and the relevant dates for submission of applications and payments, will be specified within the month, with the issuance of the relevant Joint Ministerial Decision.
The cost of the allowance is expected to rise, from 84m euros budgeted for this year, to 168m euros.